A. Information Collected
(1) Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. Helen of Troy collects and stores the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
"Non-Personally Identifiable Information" can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or interests. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally.
B. Use of Information Collected Via the Sites
(1) Personally Identifiable Information We use your personally identifiable information that is collected on the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver information, newsletters or product you request or purchase;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from Helen of Troy, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials;
- To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact us or Order Inquiry.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information Non-personally identifiable information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information (except with respect to non-personally identifiable information collected from children under the age of 13).
C. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
(1) Personally Identifiable Information We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to sign-up for a newsletter on the Sites, we may share your personally identifiable information in order to provide the newsletter to you. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personally identifiable information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
- To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personally identifiable information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on Helen of Troy's behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions) to complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on any of the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card.)
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Helen of Troy and its family of Sites or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from these Sites.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We use non-personally identifiable information collected on the Sites in the manner disclosed above, in the Section A (2). We may share this non-personal information with third parties.
D. Collection and Use of Information from Children Under the Age of 13
(1) Collection of Personally Identifiable Information Collected from Kids
Helen of Troy will never request Personally Identifiable information of a child less than 13 years of age.
We provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the body of the email. You also can opt out from the offer of products from affiliates or unaffiliated products at any time.
For requests about your personal data or to opt-out click here.
In the event that all or part of our assets or sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information collected via the Sites.
Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If we learn of a security systems breach we make reasonable efforts to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
I. Contacting Helen of Troy
Helen of Troy, L.P.
Attn: Customer Service
1 Helen of Troy Plaza
El Paso, TX 79912
All information you provide in any written communication will also be covered by this policy.